Every year Google updates its algorithm and changes some ranking factors. Even after a lot of updates, link building is still among the most effective and strongest factors determining rankings in search engines.
Backlinks are more than just commenting on blogs of the industry, “nofollow” backlinks that are poorly executed, or just guest posting on famous sites to tell people about your published content in high authority websites. If you want to increase your ranking in search engines and stand out, link building should be among your top priorities.
Most people get confused about how to get backlinks for their websites. If you are among them or want to take your website to the next level, keep reading this article until the end. I have ranked hundreds of sites and today I’m going to share my best strategies with you.
What Are Backlinks?
A backlink is also referred to as an inbound link. It is a link primarily on another website but then redirects the reader from another website to yours. The link placement is also essential and should be logically applied to ensure you get a high click rate. The link can be on;
So in simple words, if your link source is a different website. Then it’s part of the backlink strategy. When it comes to SEO, backlinks hold great importance.
Importance of High-quality Backlinks
Search engine bots always determine the credibility of a site before ranking it in the SERPs. The algorithm reviews backlinks to determine the value of any website. If your backlink is from a quality site, then the chances of your SERP ranking also increase. Some of the significant advantages of high-quality backlinks are;
- Increase traffic on the website.
- Improves brand awareness
- High engagement rate
- Boosts ranking in search engine
The list of high-quality backlinks benefits goes on and on. But these are some of the most common outcomes backlinks generators expect from this strategy.
Top 12 Strategies To Get High-quality Backlinks
There are a lot of backlinks strategies available right now. If you are confused about which backlink strategy you should choose, let me help you. I’ll share the top 12 techniques through which you can get more backlinks and boost your SERP ranking.
Social Media Optimization
One of the best ways to increase your links is by gaining more attention in the online world. So even if you have a website, you must tell people that you have a website. Social media channels are important, and you can expand your business to wider audiences by sharing your services and products.
It’s also a cost-effective method suitable for all types of businesses, either big, small, or medium-sized. However, it’s important to understand the algorithm of different social media channels. Some important aspects are as below;
- Instagram: Optimize your Instagram account by adding relevant stories, sharing valuable content, and descriptive bio to ensure people understand your business better.
- Twitter: Tweeting at the time when your target audience is most active to increase your reach.
- LinkedIn: Engaging with industry experts and commenting on relevant posts can be helpful. An attractive banner and professional profile picture will increase the likelihood of people visiting your account.
Guest blogging is a popular way to get more backlinks. All you need to do is reach out to sites in your industry with high domain authority and E-E-A-T, then offer them value, aka write guest posts on their blog. It’s an excellent way to increase backlinks on your site.
However, this specific strategy is used by almost everyone because there is too much competition in it, and getting a guest blogging gig is not easy. But if you put in the right amount of effort and write high-quality content, this can be your biggest success.
Follow the below-mentioned strategy for your first guest post;
- Write a persuasive email and pitch it. It should be free from any grammatical or spelling errors.
- Shortlist all the topics or keywords on which you can write an article.
- Tell them how your content will add value to their website. You have to persuade them.
- Follow a different approach for every blog. Do your research and then customize your email concerning every blog. It will increase the chances of acceptance.
- Ultimately, if you don’t hear any response, do a follow-up; don’t be too pushy and respectful.
If you have done everything, but guest blogging doesn’t yield fruitful results, then guest podcasting might be the right fit. With it, you can reach out to more audiences. The audience is already there.
All you need to do is present yourself in front of people and showcase your brand compellingly. The primary reason why some people prefer guest podcasting over guest blogging is that it doesn’t require a lot of work from you.
- For guest posts, you must research, draft, write, edit, finalize, add visuals, craft email, and then share it with relevant people.
- Meanwhile, you must be on the show for guest podcasting and talk about your brand or your day-to-day life as an expert.
If you are an expert in the field, talking about it will be a piece of cake. Nowadays, most podcasts are shifting virtually, so no matter where you are, you can speak with the host with just a mobile click. You have successfully generated a highly valuable podcast backlink within minutes of your podcast.
If you want to generate more high-quality backlinks from sources that are authoritative and trustworthy, then you must position yourself as an experienced thought leader who is constantly making efforts to become a thought leader of the industry.
If you follow this approach, then even the E-E-A-T of your website will improve. But how can you achieve it? What are the steps? Don’t worry. Follow these steps to become a thought leader in your industry.
- Write or become a book co-author, publish it, and then do promotions on different sites.
- Keep publishing valuable, sharable content that includes the latest incredible finds or stats of the industry.
- Network with more like-minded people, target audiences, and experts in your niche by attending lectures or conferences. While remotely, you can do this by connecting on LinkedIn or other sites.
If your content is high-quality, half of your link-building worries are already solved. With high-quality content, you are automatically increasing the likelihood of building links. When you are writing high-quality content, then it ultimately means that you are a professional and it improves your position in the industry.
Other website owners will also believe that collaboration with you will give them long-term positive results. If you don’t know how to write high-quality content or ensure that your content is high-quality, then I highly recommend applying these rules to your website. Your text shouldn’t be too cluttered.
People’s attention span is incredibly reduced, so make your text scannable. To ensure that reading is not a frustrating experience for your audience, you should add the following;
- Bullet points
- Embed Videos
Furthermore, break complex, large information into small and simpler chunks. Make short sentences and let people smoothly skim through your content. If it’s not skimmable, then there is a high chance that people will close your website and look at other searches, which is a huge loss for your business.
Your focus shouldn’t be completing word count or target keywords; it should be accomplishing the goal of adding value to the reader. So remove all the fluff and give the reader the exact information they want.
HARO is an abbreviation of Help A Reporter Out. It’s a strategy to develop links between bloggers and expert journalists in that industry. With it, businesses can share their experiences and services through interactive storytelling.
If you subscribe to HARO, you can get high-quality backlinks from larger news sites, and it’s incredible for those who want to generate high-quality links for their site. Here’s how you can do it;
- Sign up for HARO. Initially, you will sign up as a source.
- On weekdays you will get three emails from different reporters. You can contact any of them if it’s related to your niche.
- Reply by sharing helpful content along with your details and credentials.
HARO gives you a chance to get backlinks from many well-known news sites. Some of them are FastCompany, Reuters, WSJ, and many more. And the best part is it’s totally free.
You get links from many larger websites if you apply high-quality branding campaigns for your websites. Generally, branding is a logo, tagline, visual aspect, or textual media of the company. These things combined give a strong meaning and tell a story to the target audience, compelling them to connect with the company.
Branding has a lot of advantages, but two main benefits are as below;
- With it, your customers will remember your brand and connect with you.
- They can purchase, leading to increased sales and the company’s profit.
If this thing prolongs, your company’s visibility and credibility will increase. It increases the chances of big websites contacting you to link and connect with you.
Brian Dean’s Moving Man Method
Brian Dean of Backlinko introduced this technique. Through this, you can get high-quality backlinks easily. Here is how this method works.
- Make a list of all the sites relevant to your industry or niche that have either changed their URLs or names or completely shut down.
- Find websites that are linked to these old URLs.
- Contact the site via email or any other channel to inform them about their outdated link.
But you must be attentive to make this technique work in your favor. It can be sites that are either rebranding or updating their names. You can use a popular search string for this purpose.
“your keyword” + rebrands”
The Moving Man Method Of Dean Brian is extremely effective for building high-quality backlinks and long-term relationships with website owners.
When we talk about publishing Skyscraper Content, it means identifying the piece of content performing incredibly well and then using it to create even better content. Brian Dean also popularized this concept. But it can be difficult to find skyscraping content without the help of an expert.
That’s why I’ll share a simple strategy with you through which you can easily find your best skyscraping content. Open google, enter any search query, and check the results on the first page. Check the content which has a lot of backlinks. Analyze the content thoroughly and find mistakes in it that you can remove.
Your content should answer more descriptively, covering all the aspects and sharing information they are missing. You can also use some AI tools for this purpose, such as;
- Ahrefs Site Explorer
- Keyword Explorer
Research Your Competitors
You might have noticed that your best piece of content is on the first page of Google, but securing the top 3 positions is too difficult. You might never achieve that benchmark if you don’t have good backlinks. That’s why backlink strategists devised a clever way to increase backlinks by checking your competitors.
- Check the first three pages of your target keyword.
- Identify mistakes and corrections and analyze the content of the first three pages.
- Create content that is 100% better than top searches for that keyword.
- Use backlink analysis tools to search for sites that rank for these keywords.
- Make a list of sites from which you can get backlinks to the keyword.
- Reach out to them via email and share how your content is worth linking to their site.
If your content quality is good, there are high chances you will secure a lot of backlinks for the site and increase your rankings in SERPs.
According to comprehensive research by Spaktoro, which was held in 2020 on the subject of “Less than Half of Google Searches Now Result in a Click.” There is no doubt that original research is time-consuming as you need to spend more time on;
- Case studies
- Collecting data
- Gathering information
- Conducting surveys
- Doing a lot of research work
Then your work will get more authority. However, add stats and relevant research data to increase the credibility of your work. Other websites interested in the same topic will also link your article to their site, ultimately increasing the number of backlinks.
With a public relations plan, your online presence and authority can increase. It’s great to build a strong link-building portfolio. Let’s look at an example for better understanding. Every press release allows you to add one backlink to your website.
Thus the equation is simple if you want to build authority and share value in your brand voice. There are hundreds of website available on the internet, you just have to search for it.
Getting Backlinks Is Easy Now
In conclusion, getting high-quality backlinks is crucial for boosting your website’s search engine ranking. By using these 12 techniques outlined above, I’m sure you can build a strong backlink profile that will drive more organic traffic to your site and help you achieve your online goals.
Remember that building backlinks takes time and effort, so don’t expect to see results overnight. Focus on creating valuable, informative content that people will want to link to.
Don’t hesitate to contact other website owners and bloggers to request a link. With patience and persistence, you will help you succeed in the competitive world of online marketing. Keep experimenting with these techniques, track your progress, and adapt your strategy to stay ahead of the curve.
I'm a very hard-working, motivated, and committed individual with a positive attitude towards life and a passion for doing new things that help people.I love challenges in my career because they make you more robust than before when you overcome them.